Monday, September 17, 2012

Arrivals 1, 2 and 3


The flight from RDU to London departed at 10pm, which meant all I had to do was try to get some sleep; there would be no movie watching for me on the flight…or dinner (did you know they serve dinner on 10:00 flights?) I was armed with my Dream Essentials Eye Mask and ear plugs. I slept here and there and before I knew it, my tray table was dropped down and breakfast was thrust in front of me. I could make out a couple of the London sights from the plane – the London Eye and of course, the Thames River. The flight to Glasgow was quick and picturesque. We had one night in Glasgow, near the airport at Abbey Cottage. The Ryanair flight to Dublin left around 7:30 the next morning. It was a somewhat laughable experience – a 30 minute flight in which the flight attendants, before even reaching cruising altitude,  rushed by with the beverage cart turning their heads back and forth singing, “Tea? Coffee? Tea? Coffee?” to passengers on a plane that was about 25 percent full. They hand out an in-flight magazine from which advertised products can be purchased during the flight. They also sell scratch-offs. I know a couple of people who would really get a kick out of that. ;-)

The quilted patchwork of farms in Ireland seen from the plane was a sight to behold. I am so glad that I can get over my fear of heights enough to be able to look out of a plane window during descent to appreciate the view from above. At last, we were in Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment